Why I Choose Obsidian Over Logseq - 2022-04-25
I spent one or two days with logseq because a lot of people on the internet recommended it.
Let’s start with the things I immediately didn’t like about logseq:
- Promotes “privacy-first” but you have to manually disable tracking for multiple error-tracking-application-analytics-monitoring-sites after the first start
- You also have to disable tracking on every device separately
- Has keyboard shortcuts that just don’t work for me. E.g.
🍎+,is not working
- In general it feels way too mouse-centric
- vim mode is available via a plugin which makes everything a bit more complicated
- Does not allow to disable auto pairing for brackets and back-ticks (I even had to tweet about it)
Let’s compare it to what I like about Obsidian:
- Has a working vim mode included
- Only opens one connection to
releases.obsidian.mdwhen opening the application
- Has decent keyboard shortcuts that make sense to me
- Allows to disable auto pairing for brackets and back-ticks
After fifteen minutes with obisidian I was ready to pay them even tough it is free for personal use.